Professor, member of council
Prof. Dr. Tamta Mikaberidze
Affiliate professor, Doctor of Economics
Head of Business Administration Bachalor Program
Dean of the Faculty of Business and Tourism at Sulkhan-Saba Orbeliani University. Founder and Deputy Director of the Institute of Development Studies. Professor of the Faculty of Business and Tourism. In 2017 she has successfully defended her Ph.D. thesis “Prospects for the development of Georgia's foreign trade within the framework of the World Trade Organization (WTO) agreements." 15 years of experience working in the public and private sectors. She has worked on various local and international projects at the Georgian Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Tbilisi City Hall, and the Ministry of Finance of Georgia. Since 2012 she was a lecturer at Tbilisi State University. She has been lecturing at various public and private universities in the fields of economics, business, and management since as well. She has been working at Sulkhan-Saba Orbeliani University since 2018. Participates in various international scientific projects and events in Georgia and abroad.
Main field of research: International Economic Relations.
- Internationa Economics
- International Business
- Global Business
- International Management
- Principles of Microeconomics
- Principles of Macroeconomics
- Strategic Management
- Operations Management
List of Publications
- Mikaberidze T., Papachashvili N. (2020). Innovation Development in the context of the Global Value Chains. Collective Monograph ,,Business Management Insights and Society Transformation Process”. Lithuania. Klaipeda University of Applied Sciences. ISBN 978-609-454-476-7; ISBN 978-609-454-477-4.
- Mikaberidze T. (2019), Opportunities of Business Development in the Context of Export Similarity (Case of Georgia), International Scientific and Practical Conference Business Startegy: Futurologycal Challenges. Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine, State Higher Educational Institution, Kiev National Economic University. Kiev, Ukraine.
- Mikaberidze T. (2019), The Results of Georgia-EU Trade Liberalization Through the Prism of Export Similarity, World Economy 2019. Learning from the Past and Designing the Future. Collegium of World Economy. SGH Warsaw School of Economics. Warsaw, Poland.https://ssl-kolegia.sgh.waw.pl/pl/KGS/konferencje/world_economy_2019/Documents/Book_of_abstracts_WE2019_20.05_Final.pdf
- Mikaberidze T., Papachashvili N., Tavartkiladze M. (2018) Foreign Trade Policy of the European Union in the Context of Trade Neo-Protectionism. 4-th International Conference Monetary and Economic Scientific Conference – New Realities in the Place of Balkan Countries. Monetary and Economic Research Center at the University of National and World Economy, Sofia. Bulgaria
- Mikaberidze T., Tavartkiladze M. (2018). Efficiency of Innovative Combinations of Research Methods in Analyzing International Trade Issues (Case of Georgia). Peer-reviewed journal Science Review. RS Global. 2 (9) . Vol.4
- Mikaberidze T., Tavartkiladze M . (2017). Regulation of Non-tarriff Limitations for Georgian Export in the Context of DCFTA. International Conference: European Values and Identity: Multiple Dimensions of Europeanization. Tbilisi State University. Shota Rustaveli National Science Foundation, Center for Social Sciences, Academic Swiss Caucasus Net and Georgia Proeuropa. Tbilisi, Georgia.
- Mikaberidze T., (2016) The Role of International Trade technologies for Small Open Econmies, Economics and Business. #3; .IX ISSN 1987-5789 2980
- Mikaberidze T.(2016), Intra-Industry Trade trends of Georgia. Georgian Economics, (Apr27) e-ISSN 1512-29278; http://geoeconomics.ge/?p=11180
- Mikaberidze T. (2016), Neo Protectionist Activities in International Trade. Strategica International Academic Conference. Bucharest, Romania. Proceedings: Brătianu, C., Zbuchea, A., Pînzaru, F., Vătămănescu, E.-M. and Leon, R.D. (eds.). Strategica opportunities and risks in the contemporary business environment; Bucharest: Tritonic (ISSN: 2392-702X; ISBN (E-book): 978-606-749-181-4) ( Web of Science Conference Proceedings Citation Index (ISI Proceedings).
- Mikaberidze T. (2015), New Forms and Trends of International Trade Amid the Global Crisis. Strategica International Academic Conference. Bucharest, Romania. Proceedings: Brătianu, C., Zbuchea, A., Pînzaru, F., Vătămănescu, E.-M. and Leon, R.D. (eds.). Strategica. Local versus Global. Bucharest: Tritonic (ISBN 978-606-749-054-1, ISSN 2392-702X), Proceedings: Brătianu, C., Zbuchea, A., Pînzaru, F., Vătămănescu, E.-M. and Leon, R.D. (eds.)(ISBN 978-606-749-054-1, ISSN 2392-702X), ISI Citation - Thomson Reuters Proceedings. http://strategica-conference.ro/previous-editions/2015-edition/.
- Mikaberidze T. (2015), The Role of advanced International Trade Technologies for Small Open Economics. EU SPRI Early Career Conference “Crossing boundaries in scientific knowledge creation and transmission: trends, challenges and policy implications". (2015) Rome. Italy. http://www.euspri-forum.eu/archives/ecc/ecc_october_2015/nieuw-categorien-1/.
- Mikaberidze T., Sikharulidze D. (2010), Impact of Foreign Direct Investment to the Tourism of Georgia. International Practical Conference Proceedings . Batumi-Trabzon, Georgia- Turkey
- Mikaberidze T. (2009), Trade and Development. Workshop on WTO Matters for Academics from Central and Eastern Europe, Central Asia and the Caucasus (CEECAC). WTO Headquarters. Geneva. Switzerland.
- Mikaberidze T., Sikharulidze D. (2009), Integration of SMEs into Global Value Chain. International Scientific Conference. Tbilisi State University. Tbilisi, Georgia
- Lekashvili E., Mikaberidze T. (2008), Which migration wave does Georgia follow? Georgian Economic Journal. March (16). e-ISSN 1512-2980 2980
- Mikaberidze T., Papachashvili N., Tavartkiladze M. (2020), Industrial Development Report 2020. Industrializing in the digital age. Overview. Vienna.