Doctor of Economics, affiliate professor of Sulkhan-Saba Orbeliani University, Faculty Business and tourism.
Professor of the Faculty of Business and Tourism. In 2017 she has successfully defended her Ph.D. thesis “EU preferential trade regimes and prospects for their use“ at Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University.
15 years of working experience in the private and public sectors. She has worked in the Ministries of Economy and Finance on various local and international projects. She is head of the TBC Insurance Operations Department; she is head of the Human Rights Research Institute and the chairperson of Scientific Council; She is the founder, researcher, and project manager of the non profit organization- International Network of Economic Researches.
She Implements large projects in partnership with local and international donor organizations; Since 2008 she has been lecturing at various public and private universities in the faculties of Economics, Business and Tourism; Is a trainer in the Personal and Professional Development Program for Public Servants; At Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University she was head of the Students’ and Postgraduate students’ Scientific Society. Participates in many international and national scientific conferences and workshops, her scientific publications are published in international journals and publications; Is a scholarship holder of DAAD and Rustaveli National Science Foundation, project manager.
Main field of research: International Economic, Tourism.
- Managerial Economics
- Global Business
- Economic policy
- International Economics
- Firm economics
- Tourism and Hospitality Management
- Innovative management
- Introduction to International Tourism
- Sustainable tourism policy
- Project Management
- Europe and Georgia
- Risk management
- Insurance and risk management
List of Publications
- Tavartkiladze M. (2020) Georgia's employment policy in the context of efficiency and fairness. Department of European Integration and Legal Studies, Collegium of World Economy. SGH Warsaw School of Economics. Warsaw, Poland.
- Tavartkiladze M. (2020) Employment Challenges in Georgia. Kyiv National University named after Vadim Hetman; international Scientific and Practical Conference, Ukraine.
- Tavartkiladze M.(2019) New trends of foreign trade within the framework of DCFTA (case of Georgia)” international Scientific and Practical Conference Business Strategy: Futurologycal Challenges. Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine, State Higher Educational Institution, Kiev National Economic University. Kiev, Ukraine.
- Mikaberidze T., Papachashvili N., Tavartkiladze M. (2018) Foreign Trade Policy of the European Union in the Context of Trade Neo-Protectionism. 4-th International Conference Monetary and Economic Scientific Conference – New Realities in the Place of Balkan Countries. Monetary and Economic Research Center at the University of National and World Economy, Sofia. Bulgaria
- Mikaberidze T., Tavartkiladze M. (2018). Efficiency of Innovative Combinations of Research Methods in Analyzing International Trade Issues (Case of Georgia). Peer-reviewed journal Science Review. RS Global. 2 (9) . Vol.4
- Mikaberidze T., Tavartkiladze M . (2017). Regulation of Non-tarriff Limitations for Georgian Export in the Context of DCFTA. International Conference: European Values and Identity: Multiple Dimensions of Europeanization. Tbilisi State University. Shota Rustaveli National Science Foundation, Center for Social Sciences, Academic Swiss Caucasus Net and Georgia Proeuropa. Tbilisi, Georgia.
- Tavartkiladze M. (2016), The Impact of Preferential Trade Regimes on the Order of Integration of Small Countries into the World Economy Economy and Business. # 3; T. IX ISSN 1987-5789 2980 (International peer-reviewed journal);
- Tavartkiladze M. (2016), Non-Tariff Barriers to Georgian Exports Georgian Economy, Apr. (27). e-ISSN 1512-2980 (International peer-reviewed journal);
- Tavartkiladze M., (2016), Analytical Consideration of Non-tariff Barriers Related to Georgian Export to the EU Market Bucharest, Romania. Proceedings: Brătianu, C., Zbuchea, A., Pînzaru, F., Vătămănescu, E.-M. and Leon, R.D. (eds.). Strategica opportunities and risks in the contemporary business environment; Bucharest: Tritonic (ISSN: 2392-702X; ISBN (E- book): 978-606-749-181-4); (ISI - Thomson Reuters);
- Tavartkiladze M. (2015), Preferential Trade Regimes as Tools for Integrating Small Countries into the World Trading System (Case of Georgia)” STRATEGICA International Academic Conference, Bucharest, Romania. http://strategica-conference.ro/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Strategica-2015-Challenges-of-Integration-into-the-World-Economy.pdf (ISI - Thomson Reuters);
- Tavartkiladze M., (2015), EU trade regimes and Prospects of their efficiency for small countries” EU-SPRI Early Career Researcher Conferences (ECC), IRCRES Rome, Italy. http://www.euspri-forum.eu/archives/ecc/ecc_october_2015/nieuw-categorien-1/
- Tavartkiladze M., Shaburishvili Sh.(2010) Insurance Business in the Global Financial Crisis. International Scientific-Practical Conference "Innovations in Business", Shota Rustaveli State University;
- Tavartkiladze M. (2009) The effectiveness of EU international trade regimes in the context of global economic globalization. Proceedings of the Conference "Globalization and Prospects for Sustainable Development of the Georgian Economy". Publishing House- Universal.
- Tavartkiladze M., Shaburishvili Sh. (2009) Investment Chain in Business Development", TSU, Inter-University Scientific Conference "World Financial Crisis and Georgia", Printing Center- Bartoni;
- Tavartkiladze M. (2006) Georgian Insurance Market Analysis and Its Development Opportunities” Second Republican Student Scientific Conference “Georgia Development Perspectives”, Caucasus University, Friedrich Ebert Foundation;
- Tavartkiladze M. (2004) Georgia as a GSP (Generalized System of Preferences) and its role in export promotion". TSU, Collection of Proceedings of the Student Scientific Conference of the Faculty of Economics;
- Tavartkiladze M. (2004) Economic Security of Georgia in the Conditions of Modern Globalization. TSU and International Institute for Globalization Studies, Conference Proceedings;
- Tavartkiladze M. (2004) Guuam Group: Main aims and Future Prospects". TSU, Faculty of Economics, "Proceedings of the VII International Conference.
- Tavartkiladze M.(2003) The Degree of Georgia's Participation in International Economic Relations" TSU, Collection of Proceedings of the Student Scientific Conference of the Faculty of Economics;
- Mikaberidze T., Papachashvili N., Tavartkiladze M. (2020), Industrial Development Report 2020. Industrializing in the digital age. Overview. Vienna.