About the project
Due to the new coronavirus, small and medium enterprises in Georgia faced a big problem. Some were closed, while others faced serious economic or financial problems.
In such difficult conditions, it may be vital for many businesses to consult in a variety of ways, although in many cases they are unable to do so.
In particular, we are talking, on the one hand, about legal services, which are so important in the process of severing economic ties. The pandemic, on the other hand, has shown that the existing, traditional way of doing business no longer works properly and needs to be diversified, new strategies developed, new markets explored, although especially small enterprises have less opportunity to modify their own business processes.
For a large number of small and medium enterprises, the number one task is self-preservation and therefore they do not have the opportunity to think about future development and, moreover, to spend their scarce financial resources on it.
The essence of the project
Sulkhan-Saba Orbeliani University, due to its high social responsibility, offers a support program to enterprises. That means:
- Study of the legal environment
- Full legal expertise
- Preparation of legal documents / agreements
- Study the business environment
- Business administration and organizational management
- Analyze business strategy and work towards improvement
- Sales policy analysis
Within the project, any enterprise applying to Sulkhan-Saba Orbeliani University will receive the above services completely free of charge.
The purpose of the project:
The project has two main goals:
- Strengthening the existing enterprises in Georgia through their assistance. Enterprises that do not yet have the means to hire a qualified lawyer, are unable or do not know how to develop a business strategy, will have the opportunity to fill this gap completely free of charge. As a result, the number of enterprises in Georgia that have settled the legal side of the enterprise (documents, contracts, etc.), have their own business strategy and future vision of doing business will gradually increase. All this will make some contribution to strengthening the Georgian economy.
- Internships and improvement of practical skills of Sabauni students and graduates. Sabauni students and alumni will be directly involved in the live process and will gain the greatest experience. It will not be a simulated process or a so-called Theoretical reasoning for business cases, but there will be participation in the activities of the existing, "live" enterprise, its recovery, study of their problems and ways to solve these problems, which requires them to fully reveal their professional knowledge and skills acquired at university.
Administration of the project
In order to implement the project, a business support center will be established in Sabauni on the basis of Sabauni Faculty of Law and Business and Tourism, which will lead the business support project.
- Selection of enterprises
- Maintaining a register of enterprises interested in business support services
- Maintain a register of personnel interested in participating in business support services
- Administration of the business support process
- Designate mentor lecturers in each case
- Identify project implementation staff
- Process monitoring
- Analysis of project results
- Compile project statistics and overall report
Business Support Implementation Process
- Sabauni signs a memorandum with the enterprise interested in being involved in the project.
- Business services will be provided by Sabauni students or alumni.
- As a rule, 2 persons will be selected for consulting the enterprise on the basis of the memorandum - 1 from the Faculty of Law and 1 from the Faculty of Business and Tourism.
- Service providers are defined by one head lecturer according to direction.
- The service providers together with the mentor lecturer define the action plan.
- The first stage of consulting an enterprise will be to study the current situation, make a legal and business analysis.
In accordance with the problems and needs identified as a result of the study of the situation, the advocates, in agreement with their mentor lecturer, draw up a plan for the legal and business rehabilitation of the enterprise and consistently assist in overcoming the existing problems of the enterprise.
The average duration of the service process is 3 months, although this period may change as needed.
Services are provided only within the scope of this project and do not include additional services such as, for example, court representation, appraisal services, creation of platforms and more.
The project will not be one-time, but will be permanent. Dozens of small and medium-sized enterprises will receive free legal, business administration and planning services each year.
Ultimately, the project will facilitate the operation of private companies in Georgia and make a small contribution to the development of the Georgian economy.