The title of the program: Law
Language of Teaching: Georgian
Awarded Academic Degree: Magister of Law
Program Supervisor: Dimitry Gegenava, Doctor of Law, Professor
Tuition Fee: 2250 GEL
The purpose of the Law Master Educational Program to supply student with deep and systemic knowledge:
- In the field of Private, Public or Criminal Law and Comparative Law;
- Main characteristics of national and foreign legal systems, theories of law, institutions, legal norms of material and procedural law character, general principals of law, values.
The aim of the Law Master Educationa Program is to develop the student:
- Skill of paying attention to legislative amendments, judicial practice and scientific innovations as well as permanent renovation of knowledge;
- Skill of effective utilization of acquired in the field of law knowledge in practical activities and other skills useful for activities under the scope of specialty;
- Skills independently solving legal problems in the field of Law, as well as, convenient for estimation of the issue, analyses, consideration, grounding, decision of attitudes;
- Skill to protect social and democratic values, human rights, when practically acting in the field of Law;
- Skill of independent scientific expertise;
- Skill of contextual analyses of legally ethical values.
- Skill of contemporary legal reflection.
Master Program of Law is vivid with multiplicity of exclusive and practical teaching courses:
- Insurance Law: methods of constructing insurance contracts
- The Law of public and private cooperation
- International Trade Law
- Comparative Law of arbitration and mediation
- Grounding of preventive punishment-usage on criminal case
- European criminal law and moderation into European of Georgian criminal law
- The Law of Health Protection
- The Law of Environmental Protection
- The Law of Cryptocurrency
- The Law of Social Media
- The Crime and the Media
- The Law of Privatization
Some subjects are of three credits and finalize in half semester. This gives students opportunity to study many such disciplines, they have interest in and will use practically.
From the point of Internationalization English Teaching Courses are included in the Program. Some of them are conducted by foreign professor.
- The Law of International Completability (In English)
- European Private Law (In English)
- Private International Law and International Civil Process (In English)
- International Criminal Law: Theory and Practice (In English)
- Principles of Public International Law (In English)
Important integral part of MA Program of Law is research component – Master Work (Thesis).
The faculty publishes best master research-papers. In this manner it promotes students to be engaged in scientific researches, nomination of scientific working and preparation of qualified teachers.