Public Administration (MA)
The Title of the Program: Public Administration
Language of Teaching: Georgian
Awarded Degree: The Master of Public Administration
Program Supervisor: Liana Giorgadze, George Goradze
Tuition Fee: 2250 GEL
The Purpose of Public Administration Master Program Is:
- To acquire student with multidisciplinary, deep and systemic knowledge in the field of public administration, it’s constitutional fundamentals, legal instruments of implementation of public administration, management of public finances, organizational structure and management of public establishments, core values and principles of public administration, as well as ethical standards;
- To acquire student with deep systemic knowledge of Georgia’s state structure, designation of local municipalities functioning, national and regional importance of Georgia’s Euro integration process, as well as general principles of functioning of European Union as an organization, formulate practical skills of working with legal acts of EU, by means of which they will support the Euro integration process of the country;
- To grow up the professional and honest public administrators and officials-Clarks , with high ethical values and standards, who will be able to support effective work of public administration system, with participation in its sustainable development;
- To acquire student with skill of deep analyses on public administration and academic writing by means of social research technics, for the purpose of enabling him/her to plan elaboration and fulfillment of academic research.
Graduate From Public Administration Master Program Will :
- Deeply analyzes functions of public administration in democratic and social-legal state, constitutional backgrounds of public administration and legal instruments of its implementation, the process and rule of decision making in the field of public administration, types of administrative litigation, principles and main forms of public organ’s activity, mechanisms of managing public finances, most recent models of governing and organizational structure of public establishment, critically analyses complex problems existing in the fields of public administration and Official’s Law;
- Wears systemic information on main aspects of Georgia’s state construction, on constitutional status of Georgia’s state organs as well as rights and duties, on structure of local municipality, it’s function and interrelation with central government, issues connected with Euro integration, on main aspects of collaboration of Georgia-EU and so important problems;
- In complexity estimates problematic issues of public administration and defines optimal ways of their solution, frustrates unethical actions in public service, identifies persons conducting unethical action and protects interests of public service for the purpose of keeping ethical environment;
- Analyses process of cooperation between EU and Georgia and results thereof, properly defines designation of a country’s integration in European and Euro-Atlantic structures for warranting better public administration service;
- Determines various administrative acts, plans and participates in solution of separate issue in the field of public administration in litigation defined under the legislation, discusses issues of academic and professional society and public administration, presents his/her grounded decisions and arguments, as well as, independently plans and implements research by means of academic writing technics in the field of public administration.
- Utilizes acquired from everyday processes knowledge and independently makes important decisions in public service, by way of protecting values and principles, as well as general rules of ethics in public service;
- Makes important input using own professional knowledge in formation of modern system of public administration and its further development.
Separate Disciplines are of three credits and finalize in half a semester. This gives opportunity students to study many such disciplines during the semester in which they have interest in and will use in practice.
Important integral part of Master Program of Public Administration is research component – Master Work (Thesis).
The faculty publishes best research papers. In this manner it promotes student’s inclusion in scientific research, nomination of scientific activity and further preparation of qualified teachers.